Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Taste of SPRING!



Darn the tuna, OR maybe not... My husband and I have not touched a tuna steak in a few years because we got tired of spending the money and time only to sit down to a tuna steak that is as dry as an eraser!! ;) YUCK! So today I decided to try one of my Cooking Light magazine recipes for tuna steak. We cooked the tuna for 2 1/2 minutes per side and they were perfect! So I guess tuna is back in our good graces ;) .

"These meal tastes like spring! Healthy and lemony fresh!" (These are my hubby's words. He is well known in small circles for his food critiques. Throughout this meal he told me several times that this was one of the best meals he's had. So he was a fan to say the least! ;) LOL )

Here's the recipe link: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1611734

Enjoy! and don't forget to cook the tuna for only 2-2/2 minutes per side on high grill heat! (the recipe does not specify the temp. but high was what we found in another grill cookbook) You also WANT it to be nice and pink in the middle (medium pink like a medium steak or dark pink). If you let the tuna cook until it is white and there is no pink , it will be dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment