These turkey burgers are one of my favorite things to make this time of year! They are a healthy alternative to the traditional greasy burger which we all know and love! ;) Here's what you will need to make them:
1 pkg of your favorite sliced mushrooms
1 lb. lean ground turkey
2 tsp. worchestshire ( i know i spelled that wrong and i can't say it ha! ;) )
1/2 cup or more if you like of crumbled bleu cheese (get red fat if you can find it!!)
salt and pepper
whole wheat buns or whatever you prefer
These burgers go along way bc you are going to disguise the mushrooms in the turkey! brilliant right?? ;) I like to process my mushrooms until they are pretty ground up and small but you ca chop finely too- processing them makes them blend into the meat a lot better! So if you have a processor take the extra time for this step. So...
1. Process or chop the mushrooms FINELY
2. Mix into the ground turkey
3. Add the salt and pepper , worsch. sauce
4. mix in the bleu cheese with your hands if you don't mind gettin a little dirty here it works much better to use the best 2 mixing tools that God gave us ;)
5. Now make this into 4 jumbo patties or 6 med sized. They MIGHT be a little loose if so no worries they will still taste good! ;) IF this happens pop them into the fridge for around 15-20 minutes to make a little firmer but this is not necessary...
Grill on med. heat for around 5-7 minutes per side (depending on the size of the burgers) DON'T GET EXCITED and FLIP them more than once! ;) They will fall apart! :) Cook until no longer pink in center- Be sure to let them sit for a few minutes before biting into them- this seals in the juices and keeps them from drying out. Serve with your favorite toppings! :) We like grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, and light mayo. Enjoy!