Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Mel's Chicken Parmesean
4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
your favorite homemade or store bought spaghetti sauce
1/3-1/2 Cup powdered parm. cheese
2 Cups Shredded mozzarella cheese (reg or red fat)
2 beaten eggs
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
Oven 350 degrees
1.Pound the chicken breasts one at a time with a mallet in between wax paper or plastic wrap to keep from splattering.
2. mix parm cheese and breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl or plate
3. crack 2 eggs and beat in a shallow bowl.
4. dip each chicken breast in the egg and then dredge it in the parm mix. (set each breast on a plate once you have dredged it in the parm mix. )
5. Fry chicken 2 pieces at a time (don't crowd your pan) until crispy (around 4 minutes per side ish)
6. Once chicken is fried move it to the 13x9 pan (lightly grease your pan and pour a little sauce on the pan as well)
7. So by now you should have a greased pan, little sauce on the pan then top with the fried chicken pieces. Now, pour a little more sauce on top of the chicken (as much or as little as you like)- Then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for around 25-30 minutes or until bubbly :)