Stuffed Peppers with a little something extra!I had completely forgotten about stuffed peppers until my sister mentioned that she had made them for dinner recently. So, I decided to try them out again and what a nice and easy weeknight meal! You can even make the filling ahead of time and stuff them the night you want to have them and proceed from there. :)
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Adobo seasoning (1 teasp.)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese (sprinkle kind)
- 1/3 cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) or regular breadcrumbs
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Place peppers in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water; invert on paper towels.
- In a small skillet, cook beef, garlic and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 cup tomato sauce, rice, salt, garlic powder, Adobo seasoning and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Mix Panko breadcrumbs and parmesean cheese in a small dish.
- Place stuffed peppers in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle remaining tomato sauce on top of peppers. Then, sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture. Cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.