Thursday, May 13, 2010








My Friday Favorite this week is my annual "Mother's Day Brunch". I started this around 3 years ago and the tradition has continued!! ( one of the dishes is not in the pic! too much for the lens lOl) Paula Deen Recipes are a big star in this spread, plus a few other recipes I added this year! :) Everyone loves breakfast food so we decided what a better way to celebrate our wonderful mothers!

The recipe on the left is Paula Deen's tomato pie, a returning favorite 3 years running! yum!! I do use reduced fat mayo to make it a little better but hey we have it once a year so why not indulge?? ;) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/tomato-pie-recipe/index.html

TIP: Salt the tomatoes liberally, and lay on paper towels to absorb some of the liquid in the tomatoes.

The recipe on the right are Paula Deen's sausage balls. So easy and yummy! I use reduced fat Bisquick and you also want to add around 1/2 cup of milk to make the mixture easier to blend. Finally, only use 2 cups of the Bisquick ! Enjoy!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/sausage-balls-recipe/index.html

I hope you will try some of these recipes for your next brunch or breakfast get together!! you won't be disapointed! :)

Go check out www.theothermama.com for more Friday Favorites!! You will be glad you did! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I have read/heard about those sausage balls before, I really have to try them! What a great spread, thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Tomato Pie looks divine! The recipe is now bookmarked; all I need are some farmers' market early harvests. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete