So I found this recipe on one of my new favorite cooking blogs... Skinnytaste!! Check it out if you haven't already!! She has LOTS of great recipes on her site. I changed it around a tad to make it my own. It looks time consuming but it's truly not that bad I think I even made it on a weeknight! :) Here's what you'll need to make greek chicken kabobs with greek yogurt sauce.
1 1lb. boneless chicken breast (cut into one inch size pieces)
For the marinade:
salt and pepper (to your liking)
2 T lemon juice (FRESH is best! ;) )
1 T lime juice (" ")
1 tsp. fresh dill (chopped)
1 tsp. oregano (rub in your fingers to wake up the oregano! ;) )
2 tsp. jarred minced garlic
For the salad:
Fresh dill - 2 T - chopped
1 1/2 T lemon juice
2 T Olive oil
1 T vinegar
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
Romaine lettuce (around 4 cups) (chopped finely - I like to chop it with a knife and almost shred it)
1/2 cup greek Kalamata olives (seeded and chopped or halved )
tomato (1 large chopped)
1 large cucumber ( peeled and chopped- seedless is best! )
1 green pepper (chopped)
1 red pepper (chopped)
BLOCK of feta cheese ( slice chunks of this all over the top of the salad - use as much or as little as you like - be sure to get the block i was amazed at how different and how fresh it tastes this way!! :)
1. Thread the chicken pieces on the skewers and grill until done and juices run clear when pressed.
2. Mix the first SEVEN ingredients together for the salad. Set aside.
3. Prepare and mix all salad ing. together in a bowl. Set aside
4. Once chicken is done, let sit for around 5 minutes to seal in juices.
5. Add the dressing to the salad and toss.
6. Serve with the chicken on the side or on top of salad.
|Greek Kabobs with Greek salad|