Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tuna Stuffed Shells with Tomato, basil vinaigrette


Tuna stuffed shells with fresh tomato and herbs

This is a fabulous summer dish! I have been making it for my hubby and I since we were first married! :) It is so simple and delish!! The best part is you only need a few ingredients to make it.

Here's what you need to make this happen  for 2 people ;)

large shells (cooked)- 4 each
2-3 cans of tuna fish (depending on how much tuna you want)
mayo
olive oil (around 2 teasp.)
red wine vinegar (around 1 Tabl.)
cherry tomatoes or whatever FRESH tomatoes you have around (I quartered my cherry tomatoes)
BASIL  -  I HEART Basil!! ;) ( 5 or so leaves julienned or cut up finely)
* if you wanna be fancy and julienne just stack the basil leaves roll em up and slice across - easy peasy!
you can also use whatever other herbs you like - i used rosemary, oregano, and thyme bc my sweet friend had just given me some. ;) but you can leave this out too if you don't have it.

To assemble these make the tuna to your liking and  just stuff the shells with it. Then toss together the tomatoes, basil, oil, vinegar salt and pepper and herbs and spoon this beautiful mixture on top of the shells! You might wanna take a picture b4 you devour these bc they are THAT pretty! ;) or you can just dig in and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum,it's been awhile since I last made this.This is great summer dish.I found you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this tuna tomato shell widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about tuna tomato shells,thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I will see if I can figure out how to do it ;) I will check out your site as well !

    ReplyDelete